Calling All Volunteers!
There is a lot that goes into maintaining our public properties like mowing trails, repairing boardwalks, pulling invasives, removing garbage, clearing debris, etc. It's because of our volunteers that we are able to get much of this work done. Below are planned work dates when your help can make a difference on our properties.
Thursday, September 22, 2022
Willow Creek Preserve
Join GLC staff and United Way volunteers for United Way's Day of Caring at Willow Creek Preserve! We will be pulling invasive species from riparian banks and woodland slopes from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm. Please bring a water bottle and wear closed-toed shoes, long pants, and work gloves if possible.
All volunteers must sign up with the United Way of Sheboygan County: volunteersheboygan.galaxydigital.com/. Please email email@example.com with any questions!
Saturday, September 24, 2022
Willow Creek Preserve
Join GLC staff in our effort to remove and manage invasive species at Willow Creek Preserve! We will be cutting and treating buckthorn and honeysuckle from riparian banks and woodland slopes from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm. Please bring a water bottle and wear closed-toed shoes, long pants, and work gloves if possible. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP!
Glacial Lakes Conservancy had been protecting land and water since 1996 and has grown from providing service in just one county to now stewarding 1,700 acres across a five County region. This is a big responsibility for an organization with a small staff of just three employees. We rely heavily on the passion and dedication of volunteers in the community who care deeply about supporting GLC's mission.
As we continue to grow and become responsible for more acres of land, our need for volunteer assistance also grows. Whether you have a day or two per year or several hours per week or per month, it is enough to make a difference. If you are interested in helping, we can find a way to match with your skills and availability with our needs. Add your name to our contact list using the volunteer form.
- Outreach (meets monthly on the first Wednesday of the month at 10:30 am)
- Fundraising (meets monthly on the second Thursday of the month at 4:30 pm)
- Special events (I.e. Annual Dinner Auction - meets once or twice a month from January through May)
- Education Committee (meets last Wednesday of the month 10am)
- Board Development (meets once a quarter)
- Endowment (meets once a quarter)
- Land Acquisition (meets every other month on the second Tuesday at 5:30pm beginning January 2022)
- Land Management (meets every other month on the second Tuesday at 5:30pm beginning February 2022)
- Finance (meets quarterly on Monday's at 6:00pm)
Land Stewardship & Restoration (outdoors)
- Easement monitoring
- Site Steward (public preserves)
- Invasive species management
- Tree planting
- Trail crew
- Event help (e.g. set up, clean up, hike leader)
- Mail parties (e.g. folding letters & stamping envelopes)
- Writing (newsletter articles)
- Event planning
- Misc. office help