Hunting is an effective tool for vegetation management, however GLC is under no obligation on owned properties to allow hunting access. Decisions to allow hunts on GLC owned property will be based on neighbor and member tolerance of hunts, abundance of huntable wildlife and damage by wildlife to vegetation on the property and adjacent properties. Consideration of allowing hunts for Hunner Preserve, Spring Preserve and Grasshopper Hill Preserve will be made annually. Hunting is NOT allowed at Christel Memorial Woods and Wetlands Preserve or Willow Creek Preserve in the meantime, this will be reassessed in the coming year.
- Hunting applications must be submitted by July 15 Prior to archery deer season.
- Applicants must be members of Glacial Lakes Conservancy.
- Applicants must contribute 10 hours minimum volunteer service to GLC.
- Applications are to be made annually for archery hunting only. Gun hunting is NOT allowed
- No deer drives are allowed on GLC properties.
- No permanent hunting platforms, blinds, or structures. Hunting Structures should be labeled according to WDNR regulations and installed in a way that does not harm the tree (i.e. no screw in tree steps). Blinds and structures are to be removed at the end of season. Hunting equipment left on the property after season end may be confiscated and become the property of GLC.
- No motorized vehicles.
- If multiple applicants are received, volunteer service and other factors will be weighed to determine hunt permits. If all factors are equal, qualified applicants will be awarded via drawing.
- Hunters will report hunt success/or lack of to GLC at seasons end.
- Permission to hunt may be revoked by GLC for any violation of terms or Wisconsin game harvest laws or upon notice of breaking any of the above rules.