Hunting is an effective tool for vegetation management, however GLC is under no obligation on owned properties to allow hunting access. Decisions to allow hunts on GLC owned property will be based on neighbor and member tolerance of hunts, abundance of huntable wildlife and damage by wildlife to vegetation on the property and adjacent properties. Consideration of allowing hunts for Spring Preserve and Grasshopper Hill Preserve will be made annually following site visits in Early Summer. Hunting is NOT allowed at Christel Memorial Woods and Wetlands Preserve or Willow Creek Preserve.
- Hunt applications will be made by July 15 Prior to archery deer season.
- Applicants must be paid GLC members.
- Applicants must contribute 10 hours minimum volunteer service to GLC.
- Applications are to be made annually for archery hunting only. Gun deer hunts are NOT allowed.
- No deer drives.
- No permanent hunting platforms, blinds, or structures. Blinds and structures are to be removed daily. Hunting equipment left on the property may be confiscated and become the property of GLC.
- No motorized vehicles.
- If multiple applicants are received, volunteer service and other factors will be weighed to determine hunt permits. If all factors are equal, qualified applicants will be awarded via drawing.
- Hunters will report hunt success/or lack of to GLC at seasons end.
- Permission to hunt or trap may be revoked by GLC for any violation of terms or Wisconsin game harvest laws.